January 1, 2015

Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Sorry for this much used quote as a header, but I really think that little actions each and every day can have a lasting impact on our lives. It is never to late, and nothing is impossible. And what better day to start all over then the first day of a new year. 2013 was a really good year for me in pretty much every sense. I scored a great job, I found us a great flat and my boyfriend proposed, to sum it up really quickly. I remember thinking that I was disgustingly lucky in everything that year and that I really couldn't ask for anything else. 2014 in turn was a crappy year. Both me and my fiance were not entirely happy at work, his family had some health scares, I was feeling homesick pretty much the whole year, the wedding preparation was not going as we planned, I had horrible Insomnia attacks (no sleep for days...), and we had some huge quarrels as we tried to figure out where life would take us. 2014 taught me more than every other year how important it is to have friends and family, who will never fail you even when everything else fails. After all the difficulties and dramas we had at home, Alberto and I figured out a plan that would work for me and him, and our relationship has never been stronger.

2015 is going to be a crazy year. We'll move, I am right now looking for a new job and we'll finally get married. Alberto is learning German and I hope to find him a job over there, but ready to be the sole breadwinner for some time. I am really curious how I will feel about 2015 a year from now, but right now I can't wait for all the craziness to begin and start over again. I hope we'll grow and learn and emerge as better persons from this year.

Last but not least, I also have some NY resolutions (I feel it helps to write them down ;))
- Work harder
- Get to sleep in the actual bed again. Insomnia...
- Don't accept excuses from myself or others
- Take up my French classes again
- SAVE MONEY. seriously now, I spend too much money on clothes. It has to stop.
- Try to eat less Sugar
- Run a semi Marathon
- Be better with daily sunscreen
- Be a good daughter to my parents, friend to my friends and lover to my Love ;)


9 comments:

  1. Lovely photo :)


    www.Shannenandco.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of big exciting stuff in the works! I'm so happy that this will be a fresh start for you and I hope it a year of so much beauty and happiness for you both!

    www.hollandsreverie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chelsea, I really appreciate your kinds comments!

      Delete
  3. Aww, beautiful photos of you both. I wish you all the best for 2015

    www.thefashionfraction.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice <3 and beautiful outfit <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good resolutions & I wish you all the best for keeping them this year :) I will try to keep mine as well!

    best wishes,
    Vicky // The Golden Bun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky and good luck with your resolutions!

      Delete