January 9, 2015

Flats- how to wear them well even with short legs

One if the things I don't really like about my body would be my relatively short legs. They are probably not really really short, but also not as long as I would like them to be. Don't you agree that everything looks so much better on people with long, lean legs? Wearing flats, especially in combination with tight skirts or skinnies makes me feel really uncomfortable.

Over the years I found that
  •  when wearing dresses and flats, the dresses need to be relatively wide, or emphasizing the waist rather than the hips. This draws the attention away from a long torso and makes the legs appear longer, at least in my experience.
  • When wearing skinnies and flats, key is also to cmbine them it with wider shirts and sweaters. When I want to wear them with a more fitted shirt, I'll usually wear some kind of Maxi Blazer on top.
  • The choice of the flats themselves is also important. Most boots, especially if they are a little higher, make legs appear longer and sometimes skinnier, while flats like Vans can make the leg appear more voluminous and shorter.

The pictures below don't illustrate this very well, but as you see I'm wearing tall suede boots with skinnies and a relatively loose shirt And in the other picture a skirt that you wear on the waist, not the hips which makes even my legs appear pretty long.





2 comments:

  1. Love this look. Don't worry about your short legs. There's always a solution to every fashion problem. Try to mix and match some clothes and shoes. Try wearing heels :)

    Looking forward to see more of your posts!

    Have a nice day, Sophia! :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    http://www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shaira :) Have a nice weekend!

      Delete