December 16, 2014

We can have it all

I like to throw around with frases like 'dream high' or "live up to your dreams", but then there is always the 'you can't have it all' and the 'you're asking for too much'. Parents, friends and even my soon to be husband give me the 'you can't have it all' constantly and usually I accept it and nodd it off. The internet and the way we have to share  and compare everything can create a lot of pressure, but it can also be inspiring. One of my favorite bloggers published a post about some recent accomplishments today and it was like a wake up call to me. I don't want this to become a crazy fangirl post (even though I am, a little haha) so just a quick background: I've been following that girl for years, and she has become a pretty well known blogger since. As far as I know she doesn't have rich relatives who help her out (which is perfectly fine to have, but it makes things a lot easier) and her husband doesn't bring the big money in either. Maybe being tall, skinny and blonde helped, but then there are so many beautiful bloggers out there that this can't be the only reason for her success. So this year she had a kid and I thought all the travelling and so on would be over and she would finally calm down. Well the contrary is the case , she has travelled more than ever WITH A BABY and is going to move to a pretty awesome place now. So I'm wondering, if this girl can achieve her dreams without much external help, why shouldn't I be able to do the same? Are my dreams really so over the top that I'm asking for too much? I think I am not, and maybe sometimes saying to ourselves that we can't have it all is just an easy way to be satisfied with mediocre solutions instead of thriving for the best.

I have to stop making excuses and accepting those kind of mediocre solutions and compromises and keep in mind the big picture. Nothing is impossible if we really want and never stop working on it.

(I am not trying to promote a certain type of lifestyle here in this post, there are many ladies out there who juggle kids and a fulltime job that I admire at least as much as the girl mentioned in this post... it's more about achieving dreams and how each of us can find their individual way to achieve them.)

2 comments:

  1. Way to go!! I have so many people I aspire to, they have a way of making me dream bigger and giving me the energy and drive to try for them. I've learned that that's the fun part- the trying, because you never really know you've made it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, other people can bring us down but they can also make us dream bigger. Never stop trying !

      Delete