December 8, 2014

Thriftful

I have a secret passion for thrift shopping. And while 8 out of 10 times I leave the store without anything, sometimes I find real gems. My rules are: No sweaters (most of them are pretty gross), no shoes (unless I can wash them) and only great material (aka no acrylic, leather imitation etc). Usually I end up buying skirts. Recently I bought two great leather skirts and this skirt I am wearing today. A couple of years ago I would only wear a) extremely short or b) very tight skirts. I am glad to say that my style has evolved a little and displaying my legs is not my only criteria any more ;) So I was on the hunt for a plaid skirt and when I saw this one it was love at first sight. It is 100 % wool and I love the colors (mustard - grey - auburn). I think my first teacher whom I adored used to wear skirts like this quite a lot. I combined it with a mustard Cardigan from Springfield and below I'm wearing a lacey auburn top from Intimissimi. First I wanted to wear lace up leather boots but it was just a little too much vintage vibe for my taste so I went for these ankle boots. I didn't feel quite like myself in the end, but I loved it. Hope you like it, too :)








4 comments:

  1. I love that skirt! Very librarian, perfectly on point- love it!

    www.hollandsreverie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Librarian? Haha love it! And you :-D thanks!!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hey Michèle, thank you so much for commenting ;) I see your are from Switzerland. I am actually from a city on the German border to Switzerland and have had many opportunities to visit your amazing country :)

      Delete