December 10, 2014

A walk at the beach

Who reads my posts occasionally (thank you!!!! I am so glad about each reader and comment) knows that my blog is not always the most uplifting and that in fact, I am a perpetual doubter. A feature that I really don't like about myself. So today I am trying to share something uplifting about my life for a change. I try not to bitch about Barcelona too much on the blog, but sometimes it becomes obvious that I am somewhat over it. Barcelona is a great city, but after more than 4 years here I am ready to move on. In fact I have been for a while, and the last year here has been quite hard for me. However, change is coming and by the middle of next year we'll move! I couldn't be happier and more excited. Unfortunately the last months seem to be eternal. I am feeling like a kid in school again, sitting at the edge of the chair and waiting for the last class to be over. Sometimes I allow myself to get all sad and depressed and usually my boyfriend is the one who has to bear with it. Which is not fair, because he is preparing to move to another country and learning a new language now. I live pretty far from the beach, but today I had to run some errands and made time to go on a walk at the beach afterwards. There are few more uplifting and energizing things than a good walk close to the water, salt in the air, wind in the hair, enjoying the sun rays. I might like the beach better in winter than in summer. So while I walked along it occurred to me that I should make the best of my last 6 months here. Years ago when I got here I loved this city and what it had to offer me. And I don't have anything to win, just to lose, by being as miserable as possible during the next half year. So I decided I'd  visit one or two of my favorite spots each month until we leave and blog about it here. This way you see a little bit more of the place where I live and I remember why I moved here in the first place. It's all about trying to see the good things rather than the bad ones.

In general,I believe it is important to remember that it is up to us to live the lives we imagined and that life has to be lived with bravery :)








xo

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics!

    www.morning-elegance.com
    www.youtube.com/morningeleganceblog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Schaut richtig schön aus. Da wäre ich jetzt auch gerne

    www.thefashionfraction.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Michèle, ja ich der Schweiz ist es sicher richtig kalt jetzt. Nächste Woche gehts heim und ich bin schon gespannt wie ich die Kälte verkaften werde :)

      Delete
  3. Ganz tolle Photos! Sieht sehr schön aus.
    Liebe Grüsse, nissi

    www.nissimendes.ch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Nissi, danke, ich freue mich dass dir die Photos gefallen :) Grüsse xo

      Delete
  4. Oh, it's all about changes.If can move to different place and be happy just do it.Nice pictures.
    http://www.fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andea, I love your comment! Just do it - thats the attitude :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful!! But of course now I must back read and find out why your in Barcelona and if that's where you met your boyfriend, I'm so intrigued! Regardless, it's a good decision to be happy and explore and enjoy for soon this time will be over and it would be silly to spend time not enjoying your life!

    www.hollandsreverie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, every moment is unique and we have to try to make the best out of it. Don't read back please, you'll find a lot of embarassing thoughts I wrote back then ;) We met here in Barcelona, I came here to study abroad and my plan was to go home after 6 months...

      Delete