October 24, 2014

How I got over Insomnia Part 3

Hello again,

this is the third and last part of this little series about insomnia.

I read through 1 and 2 again and I want to add two things that I forgot: I found it very importat to tell my close friends about my problems and that I wouldn't be able to hang out with them a night and sometimes I would cancel if I'd had a bad night. Before , I had felt a certain pressure to show up, be in shape, be fun etc and I just couldn't. So I wanted to be sure they knew how I was doing and didn't have any expectations. And I forgot to mention yesterday that I maintain my the schedule I told you about also on weekends and holidays. This also means that I don't get up later than 8.30 am on weekends. Its hard to get used to, but so worth it.

Now, I did take some meds that helped me . I coordinated this with a doctor and so should you.
On a daily basis I take 1 Melatonin 1,9 mg (30 minutes before I switch off the light) and 1 L-Triptophano (220 mg) after dinner. I had great results with these two. However, After a bad night I take 1/4 pill of Lormetazamp 1mg. This last one is a med that relaxes your muscles, and it is a little addicitive.So I ONLY take it in max. 2 occasions each week and if I have had a bad night, in order to avoid the vicious circle in my head. ( " I haven't slept last night, I am tired, I need to sleep this night, what happens if I don't...). I never take 1 entire pill, I usually have 1/2 or even 1/4.

I can't even tell you guys how happy I am about the progress I made in the last 2 months. Its incredible how good I sleep, I feel like my life has changed completely. I can see friends again, plan activities at the weekend, and not get a nervous breakdown the night before. I know that I will have to take less pills , but I want to take it slow and be sure I am ready.

I hope my experience is a little useful for other people with insomnia. If you have questions, feel free to ask away. I want to stress again that I am not a doctor and what helped me doesn't necessarily help other persons.


In the next days I'll upload some posts with pictures of the trips I made this summer, so be sure to check them out!  Have a nice day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment