March 11, 2014

Either you run the day or the day runs you.

Hey there,

its morning again, I am in the office, another long day ahead. Yesterday I was feeling really bad about myself. Sometimes I feel like I don't do anything well. I am sure you have these days as well. The important thing is not to get comfortable with the feeling but try to do something about it. I think my problem is that I am not very ambitious and have no discipline. This applies to work, to my relationships , probably to everything in my life. Lets just pick exercising as one of the many examples for this. Each year I want to be in the shape of my life and workout daily, erase certain meals from my diet etc. But then I only do the workouts that I like (basically running) and don't bother to get those limbs of mine toned with some muscular exercises. I eat healthy stuff in general because I am lucky enough to love vegetables and whole grain products, but I also love chocolate, mascarpone, icecream etc and I indulge in these things every single day. Right now, since 4 or 5 months I have a hot chocolate each night. And not any kind of hot chocolate, but the one with melted chocolate bars in it. I just wonder how I could be if I had a little more discipline in these things.

Somebody who really inspires me is Emily from the freckled fox.. Do you know her blog? This girl is insane. I mean, i don't have much in common with her, but I can't help but admire her in some ways. She got married really early (and with really early I refer to 18 or 19, at least that is what i read somewhere) and after that started popping out 4 kids in less than 4 years. So far the part I don't really care about, as my life is just a little different, but still! Now, if you imagine an overweight, desperate young mom chasing behind 4 babies you are wrong. She is probably the hottest momma I have seen in my life and miraculously manages to keep up her looks, recuperate her body to the point that you don't see she has ever been pregnant and runs a blog as well as selling Quilts and stuff like that. So yes, a full time mom, but with an O for outstanding.  She gets stuff done. Just take time to dig through her blog, I highly recommend it. I am no friend of hers and she doesn't know I am writing about her here.





So anyways, this example of great organization just made me think that I could also just try a little bit harder. I hate lists (not really sexy, in the Mediterranean part of Europe we like being spontaneous) but I think the time has come to do some lists and set some goals. As I am not a huge motivation for myself to get these lists actually done, I thought I could share it here to put some pressure.

So here we go with the goals for this week:

- Drink 2 liters of water a day
-exercise Tuesday and Thursday evening and Friday and Sunday afternoon.
-read all my unread mails at work
-continue with my french lessons on Saturday and Sunday
-check out a loaction for our wedding on saturday
-go to Ikea on Saturday to buy some lights
-work on healthier lunch options
-update the blog on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.
-take some pictures for the blog on Saturday and Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment