February 20, 2014

What to wear when going on a trip to a rainy place

Good - wonderful- thursday morning :)

As I told you, tomorrow I'll go to Porto for a long weekend. Porto is pretty close to a region called "Galicia" in Spain, which happens to be one of the rainiest places in this country. So I am pretty positive that we'll also have some rain in Porto. So right now I am trying to figure out what to wear over there.

It doesn't make it easier that we'll be travelling with Ryan Air, they are very strict with their hand luggage rules, so no overweight! Isn't it just sooo much easier to travel in summer time when you just throw on some dresses and flipflops? Anyways, here you go with my selection of cute outfits I found in the internet. Please note that I recently started to have a crush on Jillian Harris from Love it or List it. She also comes from a rainy place and she definitely knows how to rock her style despite the weather. The first pictures are Pins all from Pinterest, if you follow me there you can see them on my boards. The letter ones are from Jillian's Homepage, that you should check out, there are also fun design ideas.

Pinterest

Pinterest

Pinterest

Pinterest

Jillian Harris

Jillian Harris

Jillian Harris


I now realize that I have a huge shoe problem. I almost don't have flat shoes, except for some really old ones. But I also don't want to walk the city in heels! I think Hunters Boots are definitely up on the list. Unfortunately I have the classic black ones, which back then felt like a safe choice but right now feels a little boring. Also, I now feel that I urgently need a cute rain coat and/or a Trench in a fancy color. Isn't it awesome how people combine their boots with these little dresses? Whole new perspective. Well, I feel there is a challenging day of planning ahead when I'm done with work. I'll definitely post some pictures on Monday to show you what I chose in the end :)

xoxo, Sophia












No comments:

Post a Comment